Monday, September 25, 2006

Jonas arrives!

Jonas Charles Barker arrived July 3rd, 2006. He came almost 6 weeks early. Despite his early arrival he weighed 5lbs. 2 oz. I had a fever when I went into labor and that guaranteed Jonas a NICU stay for at least 3 days. Well 3 days turned into 7. We praise the Lord that his lungs were 100% developed. He didn't have any major problems and for the whole week he was there he was the healthiest baby admitted to the NICU. He stayed 7 days so he could build up his eating ability. Going home from the hospital without a baby was not easy. Its a very strange feeling and I cried every night. But, the Lord brought us through it and his grace sustained us. Now, its hard to believe it all happened the way it did. The outcome is we have a very healthy baby boy that we can't stop kissing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephens said...

Way to go sis! I love your slide show. What memories of that first week with Jonas. I am so thankful I could share those days with you. You just give that little boy some extra kisses from his Aunt Andrea, o.k.? I love you guys and miss you tons!

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home