Tuesday, December 18, 2007



A couple Saturdays ago the weather was so warm. It almost hit 80 degrees! It was also Joe's day off and time to tackle our leaves. We have many large trees that rain down a ton of leaves. He has a bagger system on the John Deere. It mulches up the leaves in two large bags, they get full, he empties them etc...It took over 4 hours of this routine. I can't imagine how long it would take if he raked them. Jonas and I took advantage of the nice weather and played outside for a while. He loved watching daddy drive all over with the John Deere.
Jonas is almost 18 months now. Whew, he is busy. He doesn't sit still. He sure keeps us on our toes. He is still very "mechanical". He loves to figure out how things work. This surely comes from his daddy. He will prefer a remote control, a cell phone, ipod, and anything else electronic over his own toys. He knows how to turn the t.v. on and change channels!
His vocabulary isn't very big. In fact he used to say more words but lately resorts to uh uh or ah ah ah to get my attention. :-) And he has learned to say "Ho ho ho" :-)
I finally have my Christmas shopping done. I am going to start wrapping tonight. Hopefully I won't find that I have forgotten a gift! The budget is pretty well spent!
We are eagerly anticipating Andrea and her family's arrival on Christmas day! First, I am hosting Christmas Eve at my house for any and all family members, on both sides, who can come. Jonas and I look forward to having our house filled with loved ones while daddy has to work. :-( Unfortunately, crime never takes a holiday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephens said...

Wow--I just saw grass in those pictures. I am not sure when we last saw grass. It's somewhere under that foot or more of snow. :-) I can hardly wait to get out of here and down with you guys!!! Less than a week now. . . . Love you!

12:08 AM  
Blogger Kris Stephens said...

It's nice to see that Jonas finally is "curl-less"!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home