Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Things that baffle me...


1. Now be honest...Has Jonas ever resembled a girl in your eyes? This is the outfit Jonas is wearing today. (I took this picture today) We went to Target after his morning nap and the check out lady asked me if he was a boy or a girl. I almost laughed out loud because he looks all-American boy to me, especially today. However, I have been asked this more times than I want to remember since he was born. Maybe it is people just being "careful" and not assuming. Or, are people cross-dressing their children so much these days that no one really knows? I don't think so. So, based on these picture, what do you think? (he also had on very boy brown sandals.)



That's not the real Daisy!

No, I don't usually let him play with the diaper champ, just had to get a shot of his cute curls.

2. Why did I get a Babies "R "Us sale book today with a child dressed as a pumpkin on the cover? As much as I love and I mean Love Fall, it is July folks. Some kids still feel like summer just started. I realize its ending soon for some, but Halloween already? Isn't life rushed enough with our busy schedules?

10 Comments:

Blogger Ice-Family said...

Sarah, I sure think the outfit looks all boy! Though he is a VERY good looking (pretty, sorry Joe) boy w/ his blue eyes and long eyelashes. I can't tell you how many times isabelle has been in an ALL PINK outfit and someone says, "He's a cute little guy!" Too many color blind people I guess!? ha!

8:24 AM  
Blogger The Barkers said...

Thank you. I think he is still pretty too. I told myself I could call him that at least till he turned one.
Maybe it is the colorblindness. I hadn't thought about that.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I love Jonas' 100% boy outfit and think whomever assumed he was a girl just needs to hang out with kids a little longer...sign them up for nursery duty!!! :-)

I had the same exact thought when I got that catalogue in the mail yesterday. I think I even uttered the words, "well, someone wants us to plan ahead" (not that anyone was listening)

11:29 AM  
Blogger Stephens said...

Oh brother! Yes, he looks like he is wearing a boy outfit. He is one beautiful baby boy. The eyes and the curls maybe throw some people, but he looks all boy. Wish I could play with him today. . . .I love you, Jonas! (you too Sarah!!!) :-)

12:08 PM  
Blogger Ben and April said...

Sarah, he definitely looks like a boy!! No doubt about it. I think that people just don't really pay attention, they just feel like they need to say something.

I agree about the catalog, too early!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Definitely looks like a cute little boy to me. :) Perhaps she couldn't see his outfit too well from where she was and spoke too quickly before she got a good look at Jonas.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Hammond Family said...

I think it looks like a boy outfit too...maybe the curls throw people off!!!

Cute...kiss him for me :)

6:09 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

He definitely looks all boy to me!

One time Kayla was in a pink onesie w/"Little Princess" on the front and an older guy said, "what is his name?" Huh?!

sometimes I really can't tell - if they are dressed neutrally, or bundled up or something, and they are still pretty young where it's just not obvious, so I'll say "what is your baby's name?" or "how old is your baby?"

But Jonas is obviously boy!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Oh brother, he's ALL boy. It used to drive me crazy too. Once I had Aiden out shopping. He was all dressed in blue, riding in a blue car seat and holding a blue blanket. Would you believe someone called him a girl. I don't know what it is.

8:01 PM  
Blogger The Barkers said...

Thank you all for the compliments!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home