Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Transition







Changes and new milestones have been pretty constant lately in the Barker household. I haven't been blogging much for a while. For some reason I just haven't been "into it." I think I'm over the hump though!


As you know Joe and I had our first Father's Day and Mother's Day this year. We don't always get to celebrate holidays in a normal fashion and sometimes not much at all based on Joe's schedule. We did have Mother's day together and went out to eat with his mom that Sunday. (My mom was in Florida celebrating with my grandmother.) We got home and got out of our church clothes and realized we didn't take any pictures. Duh! Then Joe worked on Father's Day and so no pictures that day either. A few Sunday's ago I was determined to get a picture of all the of us in our Sunday Best! The result is the picture I posted two posts ago. We did have a great first Mothers and Fathers Day. And Jonas has the best Daddy ever!

Happy 4th of July! Are you proud to be an American? I sure am!

Joe switched to day shift today and that is a much wanted and needed transition, on my behalf! We get to see daddy more and I don't have to be as paranoid about keeping the house quiet during the day while daddy is sleeping. Jonas and I spent some time at the pool today and we will have a cookout tonight at Aunt Kim's and Uncle Joel's house. We probably won't worry about fireworks this year. Joe will be tired after a long 12 hour shift and most the fireworks don't start till 9:30 or 10. That's waaay past Jonas' bed time and he probably could care less. :-)

Yesterday and this morning were big milestones for Jonas and me. My baby turned one yesterday and this morning he drank out of his last bottle. I have slowly been weaning him and today is the end! No more snuggle time in the mornings. I'm sad he's grown so much and getting completely out of the baby stage. However, we are sure glad we don't have to spend any more money on formula!!!

My last bottle

I think I've caught up enough...this post is getting long. We do anticipate my sister and her girls coming in tomorrow from MI. They will be driving all day tomorrow. We sure can't wait to get hugs and kisses from them. We haven't seen each other since Christmas. Its been toooo long!




1 Comments:

Blogger Hammond Family said...

Can't wait to see picture of you and your sis...hope you all are having fun!!!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home