Monday, November 27, 2006



We hope you all had a fun-filled Thanksgiving. I got to eat two Thanksgiving dinners! Both were excellent! My mother and mother-in-law are both wonderful cooks. Jonas and I ate with my parents on Thursday. It may have been the smallest Thanksgiving dinner we Johnson's have had but still nice with the addition of Jonas this year. We enjoyed a beautiful walk after dinner. Jonas loved it. It was about 70 degrees and sunny! Dad, mom and I played a game of scrabble afterwards. I came in last! Again! I woke up at 4:20 a.m Friday morning to meet my best friend Lydia for a morning of shopping on Black Friday. We went to Sears first and stood in line waiting for 5 a.m. to arrive. The first 200 people got $10 gift cards. We were like #209 and 210! So close! We really didn't mind, we had more important things on our mind. We both got great deals and I was home by 9 a.m. and crawled back in bed! I miss this tradition with my sister, Andrea. However, we talked on the phone about 4 times that morning, as she was facing the crowds in Michigan. We had Thanksgiving with the Barker side on Saturday. Dinner was wonderful and again I was asked to play scrabble. I lost two games again, but I don't think I came in last both times! I know, I need to expand my vocabulary. :-) Saturday night, Kim helped me put our Christmas tree up while Joe got one last motorcycle ride in of the season. Its nice to have the tree up and the lights mesmerize Jonas. Its so cute! Enjoy the pictures taken this past week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hammond Family said...

Those are all such good pictures Sarah!! I too got up early and went shopping with my friend from high school. We met in Grandville, Michigan...probably not that far from your sis :)

7:06 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Thank you for your kind response. It is truly a blessing to have mutual friends. When you get right down to it, it's a small world. Having a common bond in Christ is even more special. I hope that you and yours have a wonderful Christmas season with your loved ones. I am sure that little Jonas will be spoiled and the center of everyone's attention. My husband and I are now just the parents - it's ok - I am so glad that our son has so many people to love him. Keep sending recipes - Do you have any lowfat ones LOL? Just kidding - I know you are busy. I will have to look into purchasing some of those cookbooks but only when I have tons of willpower to make the desserts and then give them away to my husband's co-workers.
BTW - totally off the subject but I too had that condition with my hand after Michael was born. It hurt so badly and I knew that I was lifting him incorrectly. I remember feeling in lock up especially when I would play an octave on the piano or open my hand up wide for whatever reason. Thank you for putting a name to it. It feels better now, although I still baby it somewhat. Next time (Lord willing) we have another little one, I will have to be super careful. I don't want to have therapy or surgery or whatever would happen to repair the damage. It was interesting to know that I was not the only one who suffered with that. I never told my doctor so I never had a name attached to it. Anyway, thanks for the info. - it helps to know what I dealt with.
Take care,
Rachel

3:28 PM  
Blogger The Barkers said...

Rachel,
It is a blessing to have mutual friends! I gained a mutual friend last year and she and I have just clicked. She lives outside of Atlanta so we get to see each other a few times a year. Its been really neat to see the Lord work!
Low fat recipes? My philosophy is, if your going to eat dessert, go all the way! So, I don't believe in low fat! ha ha!
You are the first person to tell me that they have experienced the same tendinitis! I don't feel so alone! It had gotten much better as Jonas is growing and I can pick him up different ways because he has more body control. I can only imagine playing the piano as often as you do and stretching to play an octave! That is the worst position to put your hands in with this condition. Maybe we won't have as much of a problem with our second baby! I just hope it doesn't get worse!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home