Thursday, November 09, 2006

You know you have kids...

when date night is spent at the grocery store! Joe and I have always enjoyed going grocery shopping together. I know, its not usually a guy thing but he likes it. We usually take Jonas and one pushes the stroller and the other the grocery cart. However, Jonas does not like to shop, almost never. So, I asked Ma Barker to come to the house last night and be with Jonas while we went to the grocery store. We ran to Kohls first, so I could return a pair of jeans, then we went to Whole Foods. I thought they were open till 10 but NO they close at 9 during the week. We arrived at 8:45. I immediately felt stressed since we had a lot of shopping to do and I felt the eyes of employees staring at us. I know they were thinking "why are you people waiting till the last minute to come into my store!" I speedily went around the store grabbing the things we needed while Joe was spending 10 of our 15 minutes in the cereal aisle figuring out what new cereal he wanted to try. :-) I had to remind myself that I am lucky to even have him come to the grocery store and have a few minutes in the car together with no interruptions, except Rush Limbaugh. I love you honey!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hammond Family said...

LOL!! I can so relate to the husband cereal aisle thing!! Especially at Whole Foods. Jason however, ends up choosing the ones on sale :)

9:19 AM  
Blogger Stephens said...

That was great! So often, Kris is the one going to the store for me with my list, but today I am taking Olivia. :-)

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home