Tuesday, April 03, 2007

9 months already

Jonas is 9 months old today. I'm watching my baby boy change so much lately. I'm excited and sad at the same time. Joe found him standing in his crib for the first time yesterday! We were shocked he has made it to this milestone. While taking a bath, he is all over the place! He has no fear in the tub and tries all kinds of crazy things. He is crawling all over the place and doesn't like when I leave the room and he can't see me. I believe we are in the attachment phase a little bit. I do love when he comes crawling to me and wants me to pick him up. The picture above was taken yesterday. We laughed so hard. I don't think Jonas knew how to get himself out of this perdicament. Jonas and I made a quick trip to Babys R Us tonight. I took my time looking around. We were walking down the swing and high chair aisle and he was looking so intently and just started laughing at the things he saw. He would make that gasp, breathing in sound and laugh. It was so cute and had me laughing pretty hard.
Last week was a very stressful week for me. Jonas' schedule was off pretty much every day. He has the sniffles and is teething. It made it difficult for me to work and get my hours in as well as keep him entertained a lot more! (and don't forget I have a Jack Russel too) Also, Joe is on nights and is trying to sleep during the day. It felt like a circus a couple days. I did start Spring cleaning though. I can't say I've done this every year, but I need to. I started washing all my curtains and cleaning windows. There is still more deep cleaning to be done. Thankfully Joe helps out a lot with that type of work. We just need a couple days together to knock it out.
This week is going much better so far. Jonas seems to be more on track.
We look forward to Aunt Barb and Doc coming into town tomorrow. Aunt Barb is everyone's favorite Aunt. We hate living so far away from them. She is recovering from Breast cancer treatments this past year and has an incredible outlook on life. We will get to spend tomorrow evening with them before they, along with my parents, go to the coast for the weekend. Thursday night, Joe and I get to go on a double date with one of Joe's co-workers and his wife. I'm really looking forward to it.
I hope you are having a great week!

Jonas Maximus

Bath Time!







8 Comments:

Blogger Tina said...

I'm always amazed at his beautiful blue eyes! Maybe now that he weighs 20 pounds he has caught up with Josiah. (except I think Josiah has gained a few more!)
Are you planning the one-year-old birthday yet? I'm sure you have ideas. :-)

9:09 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I just want to kiss those cheeks! Hope he is feeling better!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Stephens said...

Awesome pictures, Sarah! The first one looks like Daddy put him in lock-up. :-) Those eyes of his really are amazing. He's just so adorable!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Ben and April said...

Jonas is so adorable. I love that first picture. It is amazing how much they change in that first year.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Hammond Family said...

Are you allowed to say a baby boy is beautiful?!?! He really is Sarah. I think I told you this...but from the very first time April saw Jonas in the hospital she said that he was the "most beautiful" baby she had ever seen!!!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Ben and April said...

When I first saw this post, "beautiful" was the word that came to my mind! Wasn't sure if Joe would appreciate that!

6:24 PM  
Blogger The Barkers said...

I've decided we can call him beautiful till he is at least 1 year old. Joe doesn't mind it. He would probably say handsome before beautiful though. He is a proud daddy who daily says, "just look at this guy, isn't he something?" That's his way of saying "beautiful." haha! :-)

9:18 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Sarah,
I hope that all is well. Jonas is as cute as ever:). Isn't it so fun to see your little one hit those milestones? One of my friends has 4 children and she told me that it is just as exciting for her and her husband to see their 4th child reach the milestones as it was to see their first child hit them.
I am sure you love watching how Jonas keeps developing his little personality:). The funny things that they do just fill a parent's heart with so much love.
Hopefully, this week has been less of a hassle for you. It sounds as though you were at your max in terms of the juggling act. Ah, the treadmill of life or winepress for that matter:).
When I feel overwhelmed with life, God reminds me that I have a wonderful Savior, husband, child, godly parents and much more. Sometimes little Michael drives me crazy but I stop and remember that he is a blessing from above. Hopefully, I am not the only mom who admits that her child exasperates her sometimes.
I hope that your allergies have calmed down and you have been able to be outside more. Take care and "Talk to you" soon.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home