Tuesday, May 22, 2007




Many things have been going on the past week or so. I've been so busy and tired I haven't had time to post. Mother's Day was very special. I can't beleve I'm a mother first of all. Second, I can't believe I've been blessed with what most people would consider the "perfect baby". He is pretty cool let me tell you. Two days after Mother's Day I turned the big 30! I'm not sad about it nor was I fearing it. It was kind of strange thinking about leaving my 20's but I'm excited to see what God is going to do with my life in this next decade.
My cousin Jenni, from Michigan, flew in for a weekend visit this past Friday. She comes to see us at least once a year. It's her opportunity to have time away from her 3 children, and come visit for some girl time. She also loves our town and weather. Last year when she came she and I went to the Spa. She asked me if we could do that again. I thought what a great 30th b-day gift for me! Joe, his mother and sister bought me a nice gift certificate for a morning at the spa. We encouraged my mom to go with us too! She had never been to a spa and she LOVED it. We had beautiful weather while Jenni was here and took advantage of eating at restaurants with outdoor seating. We had a nice, short visit and hopefully we will see her in MI soon.

Mom, Jenni, Me

taken right before our spa experience started

4 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! Turning 30 was no big deal for me either. Embrace the age you are and be thankful - right?
Going to he spa is really fun. My in-laws have treated me and my s-i-l twice to the Hershey spa - once when I was pregnant. How nice to be pampered and fussed over. As moms, we sometimes (happily-may I add) get the short end in terms of indulgences. It sounds like all 3 of you had a wonderful time:).
I love the photo of Jonas and your dad smelling the flowers. How precious and special to be so close to his grandparents. Anyway, take care of yourself and enjoy this fabulous weather.

7:30 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Yeah, Happy 30th! Sounds like you had a great time at the spa and with your cousin. It's so nice to have time to yourself. The pics were too cute.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hey Sarah - you have officially been "tagged". Check out my blog for details.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home