Saturday, March 29, 2008

Another Miracle

The Barker family is expanding!! Yes, you heard right. Actually many of you have already heard, its just taking me forever to blog about it. :-)

Joe and I found out many weeks ago that we are expecting baby Barker #2. We weren't sure how long we would wait to tell people. It was becoming difficult around week 7. I told one friend and figured I might as well tell others. So, the phone calls began to close friends and then I let the world know on Facebook.

This explains the lack of energy and exhaustion mentioned in the last post. First, this pregnancy is different from the start. We knew right away, whereas we didn't know till I was 10 weeks pregnant with Jonas. (if you are wondering how we didn't know, I can explain in a personal email) :-) I have been shocked at how tired I have been with this pregnancy, so early on. I'm sure a lot has to do with taking care of a 1.5 year old every day. And I'm hoping this pregnancy will just be different for me altogether.

As many of you know, our first miracle came 6 weeks early. It was scary and a shock and something I don't want to experience again. However, if it does happen again, we have been there, done that and will be more prepared and know how to better handle the situation with NICU doctors. We did not like the one we had the first time.

I have different desires and goals for this pregnancy. And the scary thing is I have NO idea if I will be able to accomplish them. God knows exactly when this child will be born and how it will all occur. My faith is being put to the test to make decisions now and totally trust in God whether the outcome is what I hope for or not. And this could potentially involve a lot of money or not so much. However the birth happens we have to be at complete peace we made the right decision. This has been hard and weighing on my heart and mind so much lately. I am 9 weeks preggers now and I need to make a decision soon.
This could be a very long post and I'm not sure how much to write...
I think I will go one with the prayer requests. Will you please pray for us?

1. Migraines. Ugh. I cringe just typing the word. I have a history of migraines. They are hormonal. I had a HUGE influx of them while pregnant with Jonas. I can't imagine having the same amount and taking care of a toddler. To date, I have had 3 with this pregnancy.

2. Peace. Please pray as we seek the right thing to do for our birth plan. I need to be at peace and I need to know Joe is at peace the same way. We'll share our birth plan when we make our decision.

3. Breastfeeding. Huh? :-) One of the hardest obstacles to get over after Jonas was 6 weeks old, was the fact he couldn't/I couldn't breastfeed. We tried and tried. I put a huge effort towards it and gave myself a goal to keep trying till his due date. It was not God's plan for us and it broke my heart. Praise the Lord, I have a deep trust in Him and know His way is best.

4. Heat. Go ahead laugh...:-) Last summer was one of the worst summers in the history of this city. The temps were hot ALL the time. The humidity was so so high. I want to do more with Jonas this summer, since he is older, and be able to enjoy it while I'm fat!

Ok, so I'm reminiscing today of the wonderful gift God gave us with Baby Jonas. It is very weird to go through the emotions that all parents go through with baby #2. I know I am going to have my hands full and life will change dramatically. I know God continues to instill in us, more and more love for the multiple children he gives us. I can't wait for Jonas to be a big brother. He has had a little bit of experience with his two baby cousins being born in the last 6 months. :-) Jonas has been a great first baby. He is a wonderful sleeper and that affects so much in all of our lives. I PRAY baby #2 will love his sleep just as much. Joe and I both desire another boy! :-)

So, here are some pictures of the end of my pregnancy with Jonas and his birth. He was so beautiful at just 5 lbs 2 oz. He had a mature face from the beginning. So handsome!




9 Comments:

Blogger Ben and April said...

Sarah, I will be praying as you and Joe make your decision as well as for the other issues you mentioned.

I love looking at the pics of Jonas as a baby!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Ben and April said...

I was just doing some reading about migraines and the link to magnesium deficiency, not sure if that relates to you at all, but wanted to share it with you in case it would help.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Ben and April said...

I meant to leave the link on my last post about the migraines.

http://www.relieve-migraine-headache.com/magnesium-migraines.html

2:10 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Sarah,

I am already praying for you and this new little one. I'll continue to pray for you and these specific requests.

I have lots of unanswered questions this time around but thankfully, God knows the answers already. I, like just about everyone else, want to know all of the details RIGHT NOW:).

How funny that you guys want another boy too! We really wanted another boy but would have been thrilled with a little girl as well. It makes me sad to hear of parents who are disappointed over the gender that God gives them. It's God's decision!

Thanks for sharing your burdens and allowing us to help bear them for you. I will be praying for peace and discernment as you cross each bridge.

Isn't 5 lb. 2 oz. is a great size for a little one born 6 weeks early? Wasn't he a healthy little baby even though he was early? Oh, and you won't be "fat", you will be pregnant! I know exactly what you mean though:).

P.S. Little Michael and I were looking at pics of Jonas on facebook and he says, with a little laugh, "Jonas is so cute." I think that it's so funny when he comes out with things like that:).

2:48 PM  
Blogger Ice-Family said...

Congrats again on the news of miracle #2!!! Very excited for youand will be praying that everything will go smoothly and God will give you the grace for whatever He has planned for this pregnancy. I will pray that this little one will not be born early or have any NICU stay and that you might be able to nurse without problem. God is good and He is able to do exceedingly and able all that we could ask or think!! :)

3:04 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

It was nice to see you today, even if it was at Walmart. =] I'll be praying, too. I've had different concerns with each pregnancy, as well. It is such a comfort knowing God has it all planned out according to His perfect will (and timing). I hope it all goes smoothly this time around...in every area.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Hammond Family said...

Hi friend, Again, so happy for you. I will be praying for your migraines. I experience headaches...but nothing like migraines. Actually, since going to the chiropractor during this pregnancy, my headaches are only about 1 every 2 or 3 weeks. Could that be an option for you? Can't wait to hear about your birth plan. I have hired a doula here...she is wonderful...we will see what happens. Loved looking at all the pictures from the past...can't wait for the future.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

oh congratulations! what exciting news for you guys! Will keep you in my prayers for your specific prayer requests - especially that you find peace with your decisions.

I had the same worries about a 2nd baby - Kayla was such a good, easy going baby, and she also was a good sleeper. We used to joke that she had us spoiled and I worried the next one would be the complete opposite. Lucas isn't as good a sleeper as Kayla was/is, but we're getting better :)

11:42 PM  
Blogger Stephens said...

Sniff, sniff--Oh the memories looking through those pics. I miss you guys so much! Can it even really be going on 2 yrs? I am praying for you guys and the decisions ahead as well as grace and strength for the physical side of things for you. I love you!

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home