Sunday, March 01, 2009

Before and After...an heirloom


Andrea

Me


It didn't wear this much, this is after dad sanded it.






My mom saved the high chair that was given to her at my sister's baby shower over 35 years ago. It is a beautiful, wooden, sturdy chair. My neices used it at Grammy's house as they were babies and now my babies are using it. After all this time it has naturally worn in places, especially the tray. So, my mom and dad decided to re-do the chair last week. Dad painted while mom sewed a new cover for the chair, to match her dining room decor. Here are before pictures of my sister and I in the chair and what it is today. I think they did a great job!





5 Comments:

Blogger Ice-Family said...

What a transformation!!! Love it!

5:13 PM  
Blogger dan and cheryl forbes said...

LOVE IT! Great job by your mom and dad! Hope everything is going well with you :) Cheryl

8:49 PM  
Blogger A Hint of Home said...

Thank you honey! It was a labor of love. Love those babies.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Hammond Family said...

So nice!!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Hammond Family said...

Just looked at your moms blog...I want her to come decorate for me!!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home