Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas!






I can't believe it is Christmas Eve! I hope you all have a wonderful time with family and loved ones during this Christmas and New Year season. We are so thankful for Jesus' birth and His coming to save us.
This year has dragged and flown by at the same time for me. The 10 months of pregnancy were definitely long and now the last 6 weeks have wizzed by! Here is our most recent family picture taken on Thanksgiving day. The other pictures were taken Friday as we had Christmas with Papa and Grammy. My favorite picture is the last onr of Jonas and his papa. I never did get the chance to write about all of the events prior to Ivy's birth. The most dramatic and unexpected was a quadruple by-pass surgery for my dad two weeks before my due date. My sister wrote about it and you can read that here.
We are so thankful God has spared my father a serious heart attack and that he was able to get fixed and healthy before any major damage or death occured. It would be a very sad time if my father were absent from us this Christmas. Instead, we rejoice that his recovery has been wonderful and he is healthy once again. We look forward to all the fun times we will spend in the future. I especially look forward to seeing my children's eyes light up as they talk on the phone to their papa or see him in person. He loves children and in the eyes of the grand kids, papa has hung the moon.
Our Ivy turned 6 weeks old yesterday. She is a very sweet baby with many smiles and cooing lately. She isn't sleeping through the night yet but gives me a 4-5 hour stretch between feedings. I can handle that. We are so blessed to have her join our family. We can't get enough of her!
This is the first Christmas for Jonas to really understand what is going on with presents etc...It has been fun taking him to see Christmas lights, teach him Christmas songs and watch him open up presents. I can not wait to see his face light up as he opens his train set from us tomorrow morning.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!!



1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours. The pictures are absolutely precious. No one would ever know that your dad had major surgery just a little while ago. He looks like he is doing super! God is good:).

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home