Wednesday, January 07, 2009

8 weeks

Here is our sweet Ivy at 8 weeks old. I can't believe she is already about 2 months old. Time sure goes more quickly with the addition of more children! We have jumped many hurdles and I feel comfortable with two now. We have ventured out to do errands several times and I "wear" Ivy in the snuggly. I had it on at Target the other day and it was the longest I had carried her around in it and it about broke my back. The store was very hot so that didn't help. I'm looking at other alternative wraps that hold the baby close like the snuggly, but they position the baby's weight more evenly.
Ivy is not sleeping through the night yet. But she only wakes up once, so its not too bad. Jonas was sleeping through at this point and was sleeping about 10 hrs at 10 weeks. But he was bottle fed and a preemie. Ivy is breast feeding and I think that will play a part in her sleeping through. I do look forward to it though! I love my sleep. :-) God has been so good to our family. We are truly blessed!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Ivy is getting so big! I love her little toes. I love my mei tai style carrier, and the ring sling I made when Evan was really tiny, and that still use to carry Evan around in. BOTH are better options than the uncomfy Snugli - but not right for everyone! :-) Just let me know if you want photos or more info. I wish you lived closer - you could just borrow them to see if you liked it!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

She's adorable, Sarah! Can't believe she's 8 weeks!!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home