Sunday, December 31, 2006

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

It's so hard to believe Christmas came and went! This year has been a blur with being pregnant, becoming a mother, trying to Christmas shop and prepare for family to arrive! Yes, I've stressed myself out at times, when I didn't need to, but I've also enjoyed all the new challenges and festivities. My sister and her family arrived Christmas morning around 10:30. They drove through the night Christmas Eve, from Michigan. This was their first time driving through the night and they liked the experience. We both know many families who do this and really enjoy it. It was so nice having them here Christmas morning! I started making sausage balls, a Barker family tradition, as soon as they got here. We ate those all morning and opened gifts. After lunch, everyone took a nap. We went to Joe's parent's house for Christmas dinner around 6. We had a wonderful home cooked meal! We've only eaten out one time since Andrea and Kris arrived. Its been nice! I always enjoy the fellowship more when we can eat at home and be in that element rather than a restaurant. We've stayed in our PJ's alot and have had a very relaxing time. Andrea and Kris will go to the WILDS for their annual music conference this week. I am going to keep the girls here most of the time and they will visit with Grammy and Papa too. My parents went to Florida for Christmas and brought back my grandmother this past Wednesday. This is the first time for her to meet Jonas, her 9th great-grandchild. I'm so glad she can be here. Joe and I will be taking her back home this weekend.
It has been so fun watching Andrea's girls interact with Jonas. Emma makes Jonas light up! She has made him chuckle more than anyone. It is so cute. I'm so thankful for this time together with them. It really stinks that we live so far apart.
Here is a slide show with a lot of pictures taken this past week. I've never posted this many pictures in one slide show so there are quite a few to see! Happy New Year everyone!





6 Comments:

Blogger thejordans said...

Jonas is sooooo cute in his Santa outfit. I love the pictures Sarah. What a great looking family! Andrea, I love your glasses... =)

1:17 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Your photos are great! Last year we put Michael in a Santa suit on Christmas day. He was so cute even though he broke out with the chicken pox. I will forever remember! This year, we managed to escape any health issues - yeah! It sounds like you had a blessed Christmas with your loved ones. You are rich in family.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Hammond Family said...

Sarah,
I will email later this weekend but wanted to write and say cute photos!!! Hope you had a wonderful time with your sis. Katie and her family leave Sat. morning and the next time I will be able to see them is September!!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Hammond Family said...

Forgot to tell you that your solo was beautiful Christmas eve morning. I was so glad that I was able to hear you sing. It was a great blessing to all I know.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Stephens said...

Oh my, is it really over already? Sniff, sniff. . . .:-( O.k., I need to practice what I tell the girls about not focusing on what we don't get when something is done/over but focus on the blessings God did give us, right? I can't help but tear up though looking at the pics. I already miss you tons!!!!!! Thank you guys for a wonderful time. This was one of the best Christmases, each of us having children now, being able to get the four generation picture with Grandma, etc. Good times! We love you and appreciate all you did to make our time special.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Stephens said...

Hi, Aunt Sarah!

I love Jonas santa outfit pictures. I really, really miss you! I hope you had a great Christmas. I did being with you.

I love you,

Emma

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home