Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Friends (and a cute picture of Jonas)

I ate lunch with a friend a couple days ago and we were discussing all the changes that have gone on in my life this past year. Lately I've become very comfortable being at home and staying in my PJ's as long as I please. I have the opportunity to be here for my baby when he needs me and I have the blessings of seeing all of his "firsts." I also help bring in some money so my husband can be home more and not work many side jobs. For those who know me, this is a BIG change. I worked full time for 8 years and was on the go all the time. I am a people person and I love to socialize. When Joe was on the night shift I was out and about, rarely at home. Now, I hardly go anywhere! Its so weird. Part of me enjoys the slowness of life but I miss so many of you and our in- depth friendships. I enjoy blogging and its given me some communication with friends and I love keeping up with other blogs to see what is happening in people's lives. But, not everyone has a blog. I talk on the phone most of the day for my job, so sometimes its hard to pick up the phone to talk to someone I haven't spoken with in a month, knowing I'll be on for awhile. I've been reflecting on all my friendships and want to make it a goal to see you more and especially see those of you whom I've only seen once since Jonas arrived. If the laundry doesn't get done, it doesn't get done. These relationships are more important to me. So, that is my "new year's resolution!" I know many of you mom's can relate.

This is a picture of my boy from da hood. :-) Andrea took this when they were here. The hat just emphasizes those round cheeks! It is my favorite hat, compliments of Grandma Barker.



1 Comments:

Blogger thejordans said...

i missed this picture the last time i was on here...i can totally see some of emma in jonas in this picture. very cute!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home