Saturday, September 27, 2008

Better late than never...Jonas' dresser

In case I didn't already mention...this dresser was purchased when my parents had my sister Andrea. I'll just tell you that was over 30 years ago. :-) I'm so glad it has stayed in the family. It is a piece by Bassett. It has been moved and lived in approx. 7 different houses. (including my sisters and mine) I painted it and distressed it to match Jonas' bed. The final look is dark navy with cream underneath, that shows through on the sanded edges. I replaced the hardware with new handles that have a brushed nickel finish. That doesn't show up well in the pictures below because Jonas' ceiling fan lights were reflecting in the handles when I took the picture. I still have a little polishing that can be done to take away the smudges you see. That is a result of the wax I use on the last stage. It can take a while to remove. :-)
















4 Comments:

Blogger Ice-Family said...

Looks great, Sarah! Very nice job!!!

8:35 PM  
Blogger A Hint of Home said...

Sarah, it turned out so good. Looks great and I'm sure it goes so well in the room. Can't wait to see it.
You did GOOD!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Hammond Family said...

So nice!!! Once we get a home you will have to come over and give me some tips on making some of my yard sale stuff look nicer!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Stephens said...

Oh my word--amazing! You do good work, girl. :-) I love the finished product and am glad you have piece of our past still--just freshened up. Love you!

3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home