Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ivy's Shower

My friends and family threw me and Ivy a baby shower this past Saturday. It was probably the most sentimental shower I've ever been too. Much thought and time went into it. At the end of our time together it was a great reminder of the blessings God has given me through friendships, especially those friends I don't get to see as often as I'd like. I've always enjoyed having many close girl friends. I love girl's nights out, weekend trips away together etc...those are always memory making, fun times. Many of these friends are in the same boat as me. We all have young children and have been pregnant together or right after one another! Its changed our lives and we don't have the free time we used to and more stress has come along in life. I am so thankful we can be transparent with each other in the struggles we face, encourage each other and keep each other accountable. Children are a blessing, we love them dearly, but we are human and fail when it comes to the responsibility and commandments God has given us. I will not pretend to be super mom, I'm not, I can't, I never will be.

I put a slide show together, and its rather lengthy. Sorry. As I opened gifts each person had to sit next to me as I opened their gift. We got a picture together and then they were to give me motherly advice. We had mom's there in all age brackets. It was fun to hear the different advice given. I cherish hearing the older mom's and the grandmother's talk. Afterall, they should be our mentors, they have walked this road long before me. At another point in the shower, everyone was given a card that said "Pray for Sarah and Ivy" and below that was a verse and my due date. Each person had a different verse. We went around the room and read the verses and then several people prayed for the protection of Ivy and me, for a full term birth especially. (at least 37 weeks!) Everyone was encouraged to keep their cards and take a magnet home with them and put it on the fridge. I am honored to think that people are praying for us on a daily basis. How special that is to me. Lydia and Kim did an awesome job with the magnets and the whole design of the theme of the shower. The invitations, place cards, verse cards, magnets, and my thank you notes all match! So cute! Lydia you are such an amazing talent.
(Put your cursor over the pictures to read captions.)






1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Cute shower! And Love the onesie!!!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home